Tuesday, March 25, 2008

SC Trip

So, this is like a week past due! Been so busy. March 12 I left with the girls to go visit my parents. Came back on the 17th. Had to do all the driving myself since I was the only adult on the trip! Brandon had to stay behind. We made it there safe Wednesday afternoon.

Thursday, I did some homeschooling with Rachel. We also tried to go to Kids Planet, but they were closed while they were doing something to the park for the day. Rachel was bummed about it, so Grandma took us to Cracker Barrel for lunch. In the evening, my mom and I went to her ward's enrichment birthday dinner. The girls colored eggs with Grandpa while we were gone.

Friday, we tried Kids Planet again, and they were open. The kids had a great time! We had to leave earlier than the girls would have liked since I had an appointment to get my hair cut. Got it chopped off really good! It was getting WAY too long. . . .I hate long hair.

On a swing at Kids Planet:

Saturday was the Easter egg hunt and other activities at my dad's work. It was for the children and grandchildren of Flour employees. Free games, food, fun, etc. . . . Rachel won the ring toss and won a stuffed bunny! Lucky girl! :) Michaela did the egg hunt for the 0-2's and the 3-4's. . .seeing as how she's 2, almost 3. Sounded as though lots of people did that, and especially since there were a few 9 year olds picking up eggs for their 2 yo siblings! Rachel did the 5-7 egg hunt. Rach got more eggs in her one hunt than Michaela did in her 2 hunts combined! (She's slow at picking up eggs!) It was actually more of an egg charge than a hunt, though. ha! There was supposed to be face painting, but they ended up with a temporary tattoo instead. The event ended early since there was an impending storm looming. . . supposed to have been really bad, but didn't come as soon as expected. Oh well! We also called the Easter Bunny and had him come hide eggs at Grandma's house while they took their nap! ;)

Rachel's Winnings at Ring Toss:

Big Inflatable Slide:

Flour Egg Hunt, I mean "Egg Charge!"



Hunting for eggs at Grandma & pa's house:


Sunday, we just hung out. Monday I headed home with the girls.

Grandma saying good bye to Alyssa

No comments: