Saturday, March 8, 2008

Speaking of Busch Gardens

Thought I'd share some highlights of last year at Busch! Seeing as how it's on my mind. :) We went to Busch three times last year. . .March, August, and September, but only have pics from March and September's trips. Went to Water Country with our passes in June and August, no pics there.

First trip was on March 17th when they opened the park to just season pass holders. It was COLD! If I remember right, I think we saw a few snow flurries. Since I was in first trimester, I got to go on some of the rides with them. :) The only time I got to ride anything the whole summer!

I *think* this is called Elephant Run


On Turkish Delight. We don't know the other girl with us. She just hopped in.


Rachel and I on the Waveswinger. They have special swings for children needing to ride with an adult.


Not sure what this one is called. Rachel is by herself on the purple dragon behind Michaela and I.


On Eggery Deggery



In June we went to Water Country for the first time ever. Wave pool and the Hubba Hubba Highway were real big hits with Rachel and Michaela! After getting out of the Hubba Hubba Highway (It's a lazy river), we were sitting in chairs, and Rachel decided to sneak off and go back in by herself! Scared us half to death looking for her! Luckily, she still had her life vest on since she can't reach the bottom. Brandon was waiting by the entrance to it thinking she may have done that, and was watching to see if she'd come around (after looking in other places in that area first). Sure enough, she came bobbing around the corner, and said, "I went all by myself, Daddy!" with a big ole smile on her face! Little did she realize the near heart attack she gave us! NOT cool, Rachel!

In August, we went up there for my grandma and grandpa Doyal's 60th Anniversary. We went up early and went to Busch for one evening, and Water Country the next day before the big 60th event the following day after that.

In September, we went on the first weekend they were doing Hallowscream, which was September 15th. That was the only weekend that would work as I was getting closer to my due date.

Naughty girls!


On Little Balloons


On Little Gliders


Kiddie Swings


On Red Baron


"We're not too sure about him!"


Witchy Poo and Pumpkin


On Bug-A-Dug


On Chug-A-Tug


Us with Jack. . . Rachel was trying to be scary, Michaela wanted Daddy, and I'm just very pregnant. Looks like Jack's pumpkin is the size of my tummy! ha! The girls are wearing streamers that were shot out at the crowd after the Jack is Back show. Also after the show, Rachel wandered off following a lady handing out Busch Gardens necklaces and stuff, and it was so crowded that it was so hard to find her! Luckily, some nice, honest lady found her looking for us and helped her look. The lady saw Brandon looking, so she figured she belonged to him, plus Rachel recognized him of course. I think we need a homing device on that child when we go out in crowds!


Looking forward to another season of Busch Gardens and Water Country fun this year! :) Especially since I get to ride all I want this time, and go on roller coasters. . .yippie!

No comments: